This M48 Ranger Hawk is the ultimate tactical tool. It is lightweight to be carried all day without added muscle fatigue and the blade of the M48 Ranger Hawk offers a wide, upswept axe blade for mammoth chopping, slashing and cutting potential. The axe head is constructed of precision cast 2Cr13 stainless steel. When combined with the backside of the head, the spike and axe head make for an efficient personal defense and breaching tool as well as a great camping tool with an extremely fast chopping edge. The blade is securely attached to the sturdy nylon reinforced handle with 30% fiberglass, with three separate bolts and black nylon cord wrapping. It comes complete with a nylon snap button sheath that also houses the included directional compass. 8” bl, 15 1/2” ov.
• Blade Material : Anodized AUS-6 Stainless
• Handle Material : Paracord wrapped 30% Fiberglass reinforced nylon
• Blade Length : 8”
• Overall Length : 15”
• Sheath : Snap-Button Closure Nylon Belt Sheath
The paracord wrapped handle is meant for extreme survival situations. String and cord become your most valuable commodity aside from your hawk when you are stuck in the woods. The head is secured with three bolts to the steel head. The steel stops just below the bottom bolt for nearly full tang durability.
What is the difference between the M48 Ranger Tactical Tomahawk & the standard black M48 Tactical Tomahawk?
- Includes a high quality compass for when the GPS stops working
- Includes an improved snap button sheath. The traditional m48 hawk comes with a single belt loop sheath but the ranger has an additional 4 loops some being velcro straps. The ranger sheath also includes a pocket for the compass.
- The color scheme is slightly different with the ranger coming in an Olive & Black combination.